Steve chats with Brian Clark (GMD Studios) about the practice of Experience Design: What it is, the philosophy surrounding it, and examples of good and bad design. Their conversation touches on everything from ARGs to Starbucks to the movie Her to elevators. They also talk about the recent acquisition of Oculus VR by Facebook, Twin Peaks on Twitter and more! In the midst of all this, Steve reveals how sheltered his life has been when it comes to tall buildings.
Plus, you won’t want to miss a unique Cross-Media Moment where our very podcast itself is thrust into the future via Ken Eklund’s ARG FutureCoast.
Stuff mentioned in this episode:
- Facebook Buys Oculus VR
- Frog Design’s Frog Room-E
- Kickstarter Backers Get Nada in Oculus Sale
- Laura Palmer is Dead, but Twin Peaks is Alive Again on Twitter
- Enter the Lodge
- Twin Peaks: The Complete Series
- Foundations of Experience Design (Brian’s blog post)
- Minority Report
- How Does ‘Captain America: The Winter Soldier’ Change Everything for ‘Agents of SHIELD’?
- True Detective
- FutureCoast ARG
- StoryForward Episode 921 (from 2034)